Helping You With Business And Tax Concerns
Although Marshall Law predominantly handles legal services related to Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, Guardianship and Elder Law, there are additional areas of law I practice as such are ancillary to the areas of law just mentioned. The following is a synopsis of additional legal issues I address. If you have an issue in an area of law I do not handle, I still welcome your inquiries as I may be able to give you direction to a good attorney who can assist.
Residential Real Estate
Residential real estate issues can be quite complex, especially if they involve property deemed “homestead” under the Florida Constitution. Having an attorney who understands Florida’s unique laws is key, and to better serve my clients, I provide the following real estate legal services:
- Representing sellers or buyers in real estate sales transactions
- Preparing residential real estate sales contracts
- Drafting lease agreements
- Representing parties in eviction proceedings
- Representing parties in partition actions
- Drafting deeds to address various real estate issues
- Preparing loans and ancillary documents for self-financed real estate transactions
The term “Business Law” is quite broad, but at Marshall Law I provide legal services to small family-owned Limited Liability Companies or closely held Corporations.. The legal services that I provide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as resident agent for an LLC or Corporation owned by a non-Florida resident
- Preparing and submitting documents to form an LLC or Corporation with the state of Florida
- Drafting operating or shareholder agreements
- Preparing and filing deeds conveying property into an LLC or Corporation
- Drafting loan contracts and related paperwork
- Preparing Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) listings, documentary stamp tax returns and other state filings
- Drafting contracts and ancillary documents for the purchase or sale of an existing business
It is said there are two constants in life: death and taxes. Even though our federal estate tax laws have changed significantly since 2011, people continue to face tax issues that require the assistance of an attorney.
At Marshall Law I assist taxpayers on matters that include, but are not limited to:
- Abatement requests seeking a reduction in penalties and related interest
- Private letter rulings
- Challenges to taxes when incorrect values are used or an exemption has not been properly applied
- Innocent spouse relief
- Payment plan negotiation
- Transcript requests
- Obtaining employer identification numbers for businesses or estates
Dealing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the Florida Department of Revenue requires a special level of skill and patience; having the right attorney by your side can make all the difference.
Other Areas Of Law
I strongly believe that attorneys should focus on managing a few areas of law exceptionally well versus trying to practice everything thrown their way with mixed results. I am always happy to listen to your situation, and, if I believe that I can provide you with competent (and exceptional) legal services, then I will offer to take your case. Nonetheless, if I do not feel that I can provide the best legal counsel to meet your needs, then I will decline your case while also providing you with a referral to an attorney whom I believe can offer the professional legal services you require.
Get The Answers You Need Today
Whether you are starting a new business or expanding a current one; dealing with tax matters that require a guiding and helpful hand; buying or selling a home; creating a lease agreement; or needing tenants evicted, the use of a skilled attorney can make all the difference between having issues addressed effectively or seeing them spiral out of control.
It never hurts to speak with a lawyer to understand what needs to be done and how best to accomplish your objectives. Contact Marshall Law today by calling 352-619-0744 or reaching out online to discuss your legal needs and learn how I can provide the legal services that you require.